Red Wine Gravy
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tablespoon flour mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the beef stock, red wine and rosemary to a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a medium simmer and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour/water mixture and continuously whisk until the gravy returns to a simmer.
- Cook the gravy at a medium simmer, whisking often for about 10 minutes or until the gravy has reduced by half and is nice and thick.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed to taste. Strain the gravy through a fine sieve or cheesecloth.
- Serve immediately with your choice of entree.
Great over Yorkshire Pudding and veggies. Enjoy with a glass of your favourite.