Creamy Parmesan Risotto with Pinot Gris
Basic Risotto Recipe:
- 5 cups stock, chicken, vegetable
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine, such as a Pinot Gris
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan bring the stock to a simmer.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter with the olive oil and saute shallots over low-med heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the rice to the shallots and stir, coating all of the grains with the oil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the wine to the rice and stir until the liquid is absorbed. Slowly add the hot stock to the mixture one cup at a time until each cup is absorbed, stirring constantly until rice is is tender but still slightly firm in the center and the mixture is creamy, about 18 minutes.
- Add the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste and stir well. Serve immediately.
Serve with the rest of the Pinot Gris, along with a few of your friends!