Beef Au Vin
- 3 lbs. beef roast, rib-eye or sirloin
- 2 carrots, large dice
- 1 onion, large dice
- 6 stalks celery, large dice
- 4 mushrooms, quartered
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 bottle Selection International French Merlot
- 1 oz. cooking oil
- 4 oz. flour
- 2 oz. Worcestershire sauce and 2 oz. Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper as needed
- Rub roast with Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper until coated on all sides.
- Brown the roast in a roasting pan with oil.
- Add Selection International French Merlot after meat is browned.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and cover in roasting pan.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for approx. 2 hours or until beef is tender.
In a separate pan:
- Saute all vegetables with bacon until bacon is done.
- Remove roast from oven and set aside for slicing.
- Mix flour with cold water until a smooth paste is formed.
- Whisk the paste into the wine and juices left in the roasting pan.
- Pour in the sauteed vegetables; cover pan and place back in oven for 20 mins. to make sauce.
- To serve, slice and ladle sauce over top.